Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miss Heather's Comments


This is what Miss Heather (Chloe's teacher) had to say about her today. Remember, when Heather met her last August, Chloe had 38 words.

"I don't know where to begin! Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them. I love Chloe! She is such a great kid! Today she said Ms. Heather instead of just Heather for the first time. She did a great job working with the speech therapist today. They were looking at pictures and Chloe was making comments on all of the pictures. For example, she picked up a picture of the monkey and said, "Monkeys eat bananas" or with the picture of the cat she said, "I hold cats." I'll never forget the first time I met you guys. I was listening to Chloe talk and thinking, "How will I ever understand this girl?" Now she's talking in complete sentences, using verbs correctly, and forming and expressing thoughts and ideas. She has come a long way!"

Thanks Miss Heather and Miss Nancy!!! We love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. My wife and I are considering the Listening Program for our 7yo son with PDD-NOS (Pragmatic Speech Delay). I noticed that you started the program in 2009 with your daughter, and was wondering if you continued the program, and if so, have continued to see the tremendous growth that you experienced at the beginning?

    ReplyDelete